[mythtv-users] Need help with Hauppauge HRV-1600 IR Blaster and lirc_zilog in Mythbuntu .23/10.04

faginbagin mythtv at hbuus.com
Sat Jul 3 22:57:47 UTC 2010

If I were you, I would use a Fedora and/or MythDora distro, rather than Mythbuntu. Why? Because the maintainer of lirc_zilog, Jarod Wilson, is a Fedora developer and a current Fedora based distro may "just work" at least when it comes to IR blasting/receiving.

FWIW, I do use Mythbuntu and have two HVR-1600 cards, but I don't need the IR blaster functionality. I tried briefly to get lirc_zilog to work for receiving, but ran into a snag. I forget what the snag was and switched to ir-kbd-i2c, which works for me.

HTH,
Helen