[mythtv-users] length mismatch between programinfo

Curtis Porter curtis.porter at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 20:40:03 UTC 2010

The myth box I put together for my brother-in-law cannot load its
recording list.  It was originally Ubuntu 9.10, recently upgraded to
Ubuntu 10.04 with the standard 0.23 myth packages.  It's always had this
problem.  The frontend gives the following errors:

length mismatch between programinfo
2010-07-03 13:46:51.600 PlaybackBox Error: SortedList is Empty
2010-07-03 13:46:51.700 PlaybackBox Error: SortedList is Empty

After searching the list archives, I found this ticket:
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/7467
Which indicates that it's caused by an issue in QT 4 when invalid
bookmarks data is encountered.  As a workaround, I've put the following
wrapper script in place to launch mythfrontend (username and password
removed):

#!/bin/bash
mysql mythconverg -e "update recorded set bookmark=0;"
mysql  mythconverg -e "update recorded set bookmark=1;"
mysql  mythconverg -e "update recorded set bookmark=0;"
/usr/bin/mythfrontend --service

Obviously that's a hack, but it works to get his recordings loaded.
Unfortunately as soon as a recording ends, the problem recurs, and he
has to exit mythfrontend and run the wrapper script before recordings
show up again.

I can reproduce this on my own frontend by port forwarding mysql and the
mythbackend network traffic through ssh.  I built a debug 0.23-fixes
frontend and can see that the message is coming from
mythtv/libs/libmyth/remoteutil.cpp line 205:
     if (numrecordings * NUMPROGRAMLINES + 1 > (int)strList.size())
     {
         cerr << "length mismatch between programinfo\n";
         return 0;
     }

numrecordings is 51, NUMPROGRAMLINES is 47, and strList.size() is 56, so
obviously the backend isn't sending over a complete recording list.

A similar issue was reported here:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/366886

Any suggestions on how I can further troubleshoot this?

Thanks,
Curtis