[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct - how to create 2 lineups from same source

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 18:43:13 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 18:14, Cecil Watson <knoppmyth at gmail.com> wrote:
> </snip>
>
> Start mythtv-setup and create a new source.  Let's assume you already have a
> source named "my_provider".  Give this new source a name of
> "my_provider_all".  Bind this  new source to the input of your capture
> device.   Scan or download the channels, which ever applies to your
> particular situation.  Now, go into the Channel Editor and sort by source.
> Delete any unneeded/wanted channels for your sources.  Go back to General
> and add "--remove-new-channels" to the "mythfilldatabase Arguments".
> Manually run mythfilldatabase with --remove-new-channels to update your
> guide data.  Enjoy!

This is all well and good, but I'm have a heck of a time with my
setup. Here's my setup:

pcHDTV connected to OTA/ATSC
HDHR both tuners connected to Comcast-Digital
PVR250 connected to the new DC50X DTA

the pcHDTV source is connected to what is called ATSC
Both HDHR tuners are connected to what is called Comcast-Digital
PVR250 ain't connected to any source

What I decided to do was to create a new source called Comcast Low
Chan (representing channels 2-33) and scan HDHR tuner 0 to this new
source. Actually, I tried to "Fetch channels from listing source" but
that never works for me. It just does nothing. SO, I decided to scan.
That never worked for the HDHR either. It does the scan and finds
channels and conflicts, but no channels are ever produced.

Now I remember I could NEVER scan channels and make them stick for the
HDHR tuners inside myth-setup. I had to use scte65, edit the vct.sql
file so the mplexid wouldn't conflict when importing into the dB. That
actually took me days to figure out. But it worked... finally. (the
tribulations are on this list)

The problem with this is that I created the vct.sql BEFORE Comcast
encrypted channels above 33. So today, anything that is recorded above
33 is... well... not recorded. I just left that as is since I didn't
care too much then about shows above 33 (now I do).

So, what I want to do is change the channels on the HDHR to eliminate
the channels above 33. Now, I realize I could have just deleted them.
But, I didn't do that (stupid). I decided to scan again just one tuner
of the HDHR to get the channels that are now on Comcast (just the ones
below 33). Trouble is that Myth setup does a lousy job of scanning
these channels. That means I have to go back to scte65 and rescan.

So, my problems are:

1. recover HDHR0 back to where it was.
2. Somehow obtain new PVR250 channel info

So, I'm asking for help on solutions.

One idea would be to start from a nightly dB backup before my troubles.
Then, use the vct.sql file as a way to input the source for the
PVR250. I would have to change the sourceid and the mplexid so that
the sourceid is the PVR250 and mplexid is unique. Is that right?
If that is right, how do I know what sourceid is the PVR250. I don't
know even if that's what I should do! I know the mplexid really
doesn't matter, just as long as it's unique. Right?

 I figure you guys will come up with something that is just a 1 min
fix that I didn't even think of.

Thanks for your help!

brad