[mythtv-users] Hmmmm

Jason Ward jasonfward at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 02:25:00 UTC 2010

On 3 July 2010 02:30, jedi <jedi at mishnet.org> wrote:

>    What exactly do you think is going to happen? This isn't Windows.
>

> I am a Windows person, have been since Windows 386, before that I was DOS
and I dabbled with MS OS/2.  Somehow I became a Vista refusenik and although
I've played with Windows 7 it's never excited me, so here I am with my
Windows XP machine still and playing about with a number of Linux installs.
I think perhaps that's it, I've managed to free myself of MS's thrall but
the habits learned over the last 25 years or more are difficult to unlearn,
and security updates and the use of backslash to separate directory names
are so ingrained into me that I still get it wrong far more than I get it
right and I whilst I can put backslashes down to syntax or style, ignoring
security updates just feels like I'm running around the lions den, waving my
arms, shouting and naked.