[mythtv-users] mythbuntu?

Mark Boyum mark at boyum.us
Fri Jul 2 21:18:23 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 2:19 PM, lonestar17 <lonestar17 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>  WAs looking into using mythbuntu, since it's in the repositories in my
> 10.04 distro...SOOO I installed them!  Big mistake, apparently..Now i have
> NO gnome/ubuntu desktop?
>  Did mythbuntu take over my working distro of 10.04?
> Upon starting, all I get is mythbuntu splash screen - instead of the
> original ubuntu screen..
> I can't do anything!!  Just a black screen with a tiny line on top with 24
> hr clock???
> What has happened, here?  Is my ubuntu distro destroyed?  Can I get it back
> with the recovery segment in grub start menue?
>  Thanks for help/suggestions.
>  John in Dallas.

Your Ubuntu is not destroyed.  It sound's like you've installed all of
the MythBuntu packages.  You should be able to find the MythBuntu
Control Center application in the Administration menu.  I don't
install the MythBuntu-Desktop so I don't know exactly where it is in
your menu, but it should be there.  From the MCC you should be able to
select "Ubuntu Desktop" and unselect the other two to return to a
normal looking GNOME installation.

You may need to make other tweaks, but that should get you started.
-Mark