[mythtv-users] Audio on HDMI with Nvidia ION

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Fri Jul 2 13:50:12 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jul 02, 2010 at 09:29:21AM +0100, Robert Parker wrote:
> I had a similar problem with MythDora 12.23 on Asrock ION 330. I found
> that to get the HDMI audio output working you need to unmute the
> S/PDIF using the alsamixer and ensure the HDMI is the default audio.
>
> Run the alsamixer utility, use the right arrow key to highlight S/PDIF
> and press M to unmute.

    Yup. I ran into the same problem when I rebuilt my ION boxes. The
HDMI output was muted. So I initially went through a bit of trouble
trying to figure out why my sound wasn't working despite the fact that
I had just cloned a working configuration.

    It always helps to try the simple things... '-)

[deletia]