[mythtv-users] ION Mobo with ability to have firewire?

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Fri Jul 2 13:43:30 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 7:25 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2 July 2010 07:47, Gabe Rubin <gaberubin at gmail.com> wrote:
>> but the GPU is a 9400M and I am not sure if that supports all the
>> goodies that VDAPU has to offer.
>
> 9400M == ION

And no, it doesn't support *all* the goodies -- the notable omissions
being hardware decode of divx/xvid (mostly insignificant, at
resolutions these codecs are typically used, software decode isn't
that taxing) and enough shaders to run the advanced 2x deinterlacer on
1080i playback. There are other less-demanding deinterlacers that do
work, and its hard to quantify the difference, but I definitely prefer
the picture off my gt220, which does advanced 2x on 1080i, over the
picture off my ion.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com