[mythtv-users] ION Mobo with ability to have firewire?

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 21:47:45 UTC 2010

Hi list,

I am considering upgrading my mythbox to an ION based system.
Originally, I thought I should just get the Revo; however, I get all
my HD content through firewire and would rather not purchase a HD-PVR
at this time as long as my cable provider gives me all my content
through firewire.  Does anyone know of a solution that will allow me
to have a cheap, quiet, VDAPU-capable motherboard (or pre-assembled
computer) that either has firewire included or the ability to add that
on via a card?

It looks like the ASUS AT3N7A-I may fit the bill
<http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131408&cm_re=AT3N7A-I-_-13-131-408-_-Product>
but the GPU is a 9400M and I am not sure if that supports all the
goodies that VDAPU has to offer.