[mythtv-users] LIRC help needed with IguanaIR and PACE DC50X

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 02:12:50 UTC 2010

Thanks mythtv at derdev.com (that can't be your real name)
Your procedure certainly looks great. However, I can't find the ubuntu
source repo that has lirc. See below

On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 06:39,  <mythtv at derdev.com> wrote:

> Did you do the steps as outlined on the Iguanaworks start page?
> http://iguanaworks.net/projects/IguanaIR/wiki/GettingStarted
>
> STEP 1: On Ubuntu platform make sure you have installed LIB USB 1.0 when
> you compile.

it is installed, but so is libusb 0.1.
Will that matter?

> STEP 3: is a little sparse on getting LIRC compiled nicely from source on
> Ubuntu...
> http://iguanaworks.net/downloads.php?distro=deb
> "We recommend using your distrobution's version of LIRC. You will need to
> compile LIRC to support our driver. After you have installed the iguanair
> package, add your distros source repository to /etc/apt/sources.list. Then
> run:
>
> sudo apt-get update

that'd be great, but I've been trying to find the source via the repos
and I can't find it.
Do you know where I can find the ubuntu 9.10 repos for the lirce
source? From what I've been finding on google, I should have the repo,
no (I know someone on this list will blast me for not "researching"
enough, but I've been looking for this for an hour and I'm not any
closer. I'm not familiar with Ubuntu at all (gentoo, yes))

=====
$ cat /etc/apt/sources.list

# deb cdrom:[Ubuntu 9.10 _Karmic Koala_ - Release amd64 (20091027)]/
karmic main restricted
# See http://help.ubuntu.com/community/UpgradeNotes for how to upgrade to
# newer versions of the distribution.

deb http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ karmic main restricted
deb-src http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ karmic restricted main
multiverse universe #Added by software-properties

## Major bug fix updates produced after the final release of the
## distribution.
deb http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ karmic-updates main restricted
deb-src http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ karmic-updates restricted
main multiverse universe #Added by software-properties

## N.B. software from this repository is ENTIRELY UNSUPPORTED by the Ubuntu
## team. Also, please note that software in universe WILL NOT receive any
## review or updates from the Ubuntu security team.
deb http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ karmic universe
deb http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ karmic-updates universe

## N.B. software from this repository is ENTIRELY UNSUPPORTED by the Ubuntu
## team, and may not be under a free licence. Please satisfy yourself as to
## your rights to use the software. Also, please note that software in
## multiverse WILL NOT receive any review or updates from the Ubuntu
## security team.
deb http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ karmic multiverse
deb http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ karmic-updates multiverse

## Uncomment the following two lines to add software from the 'backports'
## repository.
## N.B. software from this repository may not have been tested as
## extensively as that contained in the main release, although it includes
## newer versions of some applications which may provide useful features.
## Also, please note that software in backports WILL NOT receive any review
## or updates from the Ubuntu security team.
# deb http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ karmic-backports main
restricted universe multiverse
# deb-src http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ karmic-backports main
restricted universe multiverse

## Uncomment the following two lines to add software from Canonical's
## 'partner' repository.
## This software is not part of Ubuntu, but is offered by Canonical and the
## respective vendors as a service to Ubuntu users.
deb http://archive.canonical.com/ubuntu karmic partner
deb-src http://archive.canonical.com/ubuntu karmic partner

deb http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ karmic-security main restricted
deb-src http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ karmic-security
restricted main multiverse universe #Added by software-properties
deb http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ karmic-security universe
deb http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ karmic-security multiverse

but,
$ sudo apt-get update

$ sudo apt-get build-dep lirc
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.

ANY HELP appreciated! Thanks!

brad