[mythtv-users] Basic questions of newb. ( Cablevision)

Misc Things formisc at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 19:27:00 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 1:28 PM, R. G. Newbury <newbury at mandamus.org> wrote:

> On 01/31/2010 09:31 AM, Misc Things wrote:
>
>> cable companies are just pissing me off more and
>> more i look into this area..
>>

> Welcome to the real world. Most of us feel that way too!
>

>  anyway, so the key piece in your explanation is - one recording per
>> tuner, one play back - per tuner.
>>

> Actually, one recording OR live session per tuner. Play back of recorded
> content is completely separate from the recording (except for live tv
> sessions). After a while, most of us don't watch 'live-tv' at all, except
> maybe for the weather. It's all recorded content.
>

>  And the box if i were to hook it up
>> using suggested method - is a source of a single channel.
>>  lovely (sarcastically)
>>
>> anyway around this ?
>>

> No. Unfortunately. The cheap answer is 'put up an antenna' which as you
> have seen may actually not work. It depends upon where you live. Then again,
> you can always move..that would be cheap!!!
>

> Geoff
>

> --
>        Please let me know if anything I say offends you.
>         I may wish to offend you again in the future.
>
>         Tux says: "Be regular. Eat cron flakes."

well i'm in NYmetor ( 10miles from Manhattan), so i (foolishly) expected the
reception to be at least good. but non at all? yeah... (frustrated).
I'll check the sites - maybe i got a bad antenna. I just picked up "HDTV/FM
HD radio antenna" from radioshack by radioshack. didnot do any research -
just wanted to check.

I read a bit around and it seems that they should allow the fireware
connection. Does this help me in any form or shape ?