[mythtv-users] Playback freeze/lockup + kernel panic

steve networks1 at cox.net
Sun Jan 31 17:08:49 UTC 2010

>> So I guess it is a memory problem.  The thing is the memtest86 didn't
turn
>> up anything.
>
>How long did you run it? Sometimes you need to run it for a day or  more.

Admittedly just for one pass.  I've seen reccos to let it run at least
seven, and it's running right now.  But so far it's been through two, and no
problems.  It seems odd that this would be the case since it fails every
single time on a playback.

This makes me even more suspicious that it could be the video card memory.
Does anyone know of a test for a linuix system?  All I'm able to find is are
a few things for windoze like
http://www.majorgeeks.com/Video_Memory_Stress_Test__d5896.html