[mythtv-users] How to copy 'frontend' portion of mysql database

Ian Oliver lists at foxhill.co.uk
Sun Jan 31 15:34:37 UTC 2010

I've found the archived chat on this subject from before I joined this
list, but am hesitant to dive in and copy the relevant sections of the
database around.

I'm actually setting up 3-4 identical frontends, and am going to set
them up by cloning their drives and just changing the hostname. I mayb
even get them all pxe booting off the same image and use some script
magic to create their hostname from their mac address.

Is there a way to have them all sharing settings? What about them also
sharing bookmarks? We'd love to stop playing something in one room and
then just resume in another.

Oh, and if I do end up beating directly on mysql, what's the
recommended way to handle backup.restore?

Thanks

Ian