[mythtv-users] Blue-abstract update and applying for the competition

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 06:38:48 UTC 2010

> Are you using current 0.22-fixes, or are you using the pre-release
> snapshot that ships with Ubuntu 9.10?  If the latter, update to current
> 0.22-fixes (not trunk), and it may work fine for you with the Qt
> painter.  I can't remember if http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/22440
> is the changeset that allows the theme's icon's to work with the Qt
> painter, but if so, it looks like it went into trunk before -fixes was
> branched.  If nothing else, it should work in 0.23, when released.

I'm using the ATrpms repo, stable release. Perhaps it hasn't made it
through to there yet.

>> Problem for me is that if I use OpenGL
>> the user interface runs really, really slowly. Would a more grunty
>> video card fix that, or is it a system CPU bottleneck?
>>

> More likely you need a video card with better drivers (or properly
> installed/configured drivers).  Only "fake" graphics cards (such as the
> PVR-350 TV out or maybe some off-brand, super-old (1990's era), or
> possibly some super-basic, off-brand old integrated graphics) should
> have hardware issues.  Most everything else comes down to video drivers
> that don't support OpenGL.  (All that assumes direct rendering--not
> network display, like X forwarding or VNC or ...)

I'm running an nVidia card - Gigabyte GV-N52128DS nVIDIA GeForce
FX5200 so it should be using pretty stable and up to date drivers from
ATrpms. It's only 128MB so do you think that could be the problem -
just too weedy a card? I don't have any other issues with X so I'd be
surprised if it's an X-server config issue.