[mythtv-users] 0.22fixes: mkv subtitles in internal player not working?

German Rodriguez callmegar at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 21:21:12 UTC 2010

Yes, the ticket talks about embedded PGS subtitles, but the patch
fixes also embedded SUB/IDX subtitles.

I extract the .sup files and convert them to sub/idx using BDSup2Sub,
then I mux them again using mkvmerge.

mkvtoolnix can now read PGS streams from MKVs, it will probably be
able to write those streams soon too.

MakeMKV has the capability to mux PGS streams right now, but I've had
some small problems with the tool, and it won't stay free for long, so
for now I'm doing the conversion and waiting for mkvtoolnix to support
writing PGS streams.