[mythtv-users] Adding storage groups

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Fri Jan 29 20:35:25 UTC 2010

> Just make sure you read through all the code that uses the data from the
> storage group table so that you understand all of the data
> requirements/boundary conditions/etc. before modifying the data.

 I know you are really anal about the "don't touch the database"
thing, but I said I simply changed the path. In other words, my old
mythvideo storage group was pointing at /path/to/my/folder/DVDMovies/
and I changed it to /path/to/my/folder/Movies/. If that triggers some
boundary conditions, there's probably bigger problems to worry about.

But you don't need to subtly scold me every time I mention I touched
the database. I'm not going to put together an exploratory committee
to research the feasibility of modifying the DB directly each time.
It's not like I was telling this user to modify the DB directly. I
explicitly told him to use mythtv-setup. I was merely using my example
to demonstrate that it might not be necessary to restart the backend,
because there are at least some cases where it isn't necessary.

--
Ron