[mythtv-users] Adding storage groups

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Fri Jan 29 19:33:38 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 9:28 PM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 01/28/2010 09:05 PM, Brent Bolin wrote:
>> Is there a way to add storage groups without doing it from the backend
>> myth-setup ?
>>
>> Would like to be able to do this without bringing the system down.
>>

> No.  You need to run mythtv-setup.

However, I don't think it's always necessary to restart the backend
after changing storage groups. I don't remember if I restarted when I
changed my recording storage groups, but I'm very nearly certain that
I didn't when I setup the video storage groups. At one point I wanted
to rename one of the video storage groups and I just modified the path
directly in the database and it recognized the new path right away. So
I'd just try making the change in mythtv-setup without restarting the
backend and see if it works.

--
Ron
Ronald Frazier Photography - http://www.ronfphoto.com/