[mythtv-users] Changing Tuner Numbers?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 18:48:54 UTC 2010

On 29 January 2010 18:41, nospam312 <nospam312 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Choose the "Delete ALL capture cards" option and re-enter them. Enter them
>
> I think I have used the Delete ALL capture cards and it still starts
> numbering from the last one on my 0.22 system it does not start from 1
> again.

Using the "Delete All Capture Cards" options  - with no mention of
hostname - will TRUNCATE the relevant DB fields and reset the
auto-incrementing fields. The fact your numbering was not reset leads
me to believe (although I could be wrong) the correct option was not
chosen.

> It is annoying but as everything is working I am going to leave alone.

Don't forget you can also add a name for the input which can make
identification easier.

> It may be as simple as updating the cardid fields in capturecard and
> cardinput but I do not know if there are other tables that need
> changing also?

Truncating the relevant tables would be the "correct" way of doing it,
as this is what the mythtv-setup option does IIRC. However, as
manipulating the DB yourself is not recommended, and as mythtv-setup
provides the necessary functionality (unless there has been a
regression, in which case raise a ticket), please retry the "official"
method first.

Cheers,
Nick

--