[mythtv-users] Too many encoders showing up / upgrade from Ubuntu 9.10 to 9.04

Ben Edwards list4me2 at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 29 13:31:44 UTC 2010

On 29 January 2010 13:05, Jim Morton <Jim at morton.hrcoxmail.com> wrote:
> Ben Edwards wrote:

...snip...
> Choose the "Delete ALL capture cards" option and re-enter them. Enter them
> in the order you want the system to use them. Tuner 1 will always be used
> before tuner 2 etc. (Except if watching Live tv and you have checked the
> option to ... can't remember and not gonna go look.)
> Deleting them one at a time is not the same and will result in even higher
> tuner numbers being assigned. You must use the Delete All option.
>
> See, also, http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034
> (says Mike)

Thanks for this, I will give this a go.

...snip...

>> On my myth box alough sound in mythfrontend is OK (alough I had to use
>> a USB soundcard) I cant get it working when playing AVIs.  Ive tried
>> ALSA (and used alsamixer) and OSS (/dev/dsp1) with the USB soundcard.
>>  Again this only works in myth,  outside myth I can get intermitent
>> sound with the USB soundcard using alsa and OSS bit it is does not
>> work for long if at lall.
>>

> I could not get my sound to work at all when I upgraded from 9.04 to 9.10
> until I removed pulseaudio.

Thanks for this, how do you recomend I remove pulseaudio and still
have sound working.  I have done some googeling and have found various
advise but your insignt would be mutch appreciated.

Regards,
Ben

http://www.ubuntugeek.com/fix-for-all-pulseaudio-related-issues.html