[mythtv-users] simultaneous job

Josh White jaw1959 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 18:58:40 UTC 2010

Good day, all.

 I have a couple of general questions about jobs on a backend.  I recently
reinstalled and started from scratch with my Ubuntu/.22 backend.  I have two
PVR-500's in the machine.  For some reason, all the commercial flagging jobs
were queued, but never ran (I had about 200 recordings that weren't flagged,
but showed up as queued in System Status).  Since I was starting from
scratch, I just quickly setup some recording rules, which were generally to
"record at any time, on any channel" and this led to my machine recoring
with all 4 tuners a lot of the time. At first, most shows I watched were
commercial flagged, but after a while, I noticed that more often they were
not.  That's when I checked my system status and saw the large queue, with
nothing in progress.  I had my backend set to allow 4 simultaneous jobs, and
it seemed to do nothing.  I changed the setting to 8, and after running
mythfilldatabase, and restarting my frontend, it was flagging 8 shows, and
continued until they were all finished (which happened between 11pm last
night and 6am this morning).  So my questions are: why didn't it flag 4
shows at a time before I changed it to 8?  Does recoring a show count as a
job?

Thanks,

 josh