[mythtv-users] annoying erratic key presses with remote on HD-PVR

Kaushik Mallick kmallick2000 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 28 18:56:13 UTC 2010

>> Try fresh batteries in your remote. Weak batteries can cause all sorts
of funkiness.

Thanks Jarod for the suggestion. I thought of the same. Tried new batteries, but no luck.

I noticed that pressing the SELECT button (the one that causes random key presses)
has a long pulse or signal. The little LED on the RS15-2116 remote flickers for a
long time when I press the SELECT button, much longer than any other button. Any ideas
why this button could be acting so weird?

DO I need to reset the entire remote to default settings and try again? I was hoping to avoid this.