[mythtv-users] 0.22 RTJpeg w/ v4l framegrabber

James Crow james at ultratans.com
Thu Jan 28 18:21:11 UTC 2010

Greetings all,

I posted to this list on Tuesday about a problem with my v4l recordings
with no response. Since then I have isolated the problem to using RTJpeg
for the encoding. I am able to do software MPEG4 encodings, but the
quality is much less than what I used to get with RTJpeg.

Is anyone using 0.22 with a frame-grabber and RTJpeg encoding?

My system is Mythbuntu 9.10 with JYA repo. 64 bit and this setup was
working with 9.04 and Myth 0.21. Same hardware.

Thanks,
James