[mythtv-users] How can I fix over scan on nvidia 9500 GT

John Nissley jnissley at nissley.org
Thu Jan 28 13:39:21 UTC 2010

>/I know there is a big write up about how to do this but I just can not
/seem to get things to work and was hoping some one could give me
something to try.

>/I have an HDTV with a few hdmi ports.  I have a 9500 GT nvidia card and=20
/am using a DVI to HDMI cable to connect to the TV.  I have serious over=20
scan that I have fixed for the most part with customer setting in the
appearance section of the set up menus.  This works but is not really
what I want.

I wonder if the make and model of the TV might be relevant here?

That might allow someone to read the TV manual, but perhaps you can give us the URL to the pdf, or even tell us what it says?

Sorry about that.  The TV is a Panasonic TC-P50S1 (Viera S1 Series)

I have tried a few things mentioned.
In the input label there is one that says computer.  It does not appear to make a difference.
I am not sure how to set the nvidia driver to 16x9 mode in the conf file.  This computer does not have a keyboard attached so I guess I will need to connect the wireless and mouse to it I can run the nvidia setup app.

Thank you for all of the suggestions so far.

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4812 (20100128) __________

http://www.eset.com