[mythtv-users] annoying erratic key presses with remote on HD-PVR

Kaushik Mallick kmallick2000 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 28 05:43:56 UTC 2010

>> Sure!   A simple test if that's the issue would be to move the HD-PVR a foot
or more away from the monitor and test again...

Nope... I performed that test and it failed too. I have ruled out stray IR signals
from the CRT monitor. After taking further look, it seems the main culprit is
the SELECT button right in the center of the 4-way arrow keys. When I press
that one time this is the type of response I get in irw (without the code details):

SELECT 00
SELECT 01
SELECT 02
SELECT 00

SELECT 01

SELECT 02
CH+ 00
CH+ 01
RIGHT 00
RIGHT 01

And I haven't even toughed the CH+ and Right arrow keys!! What could be the problem
with this button?

Pressing any other button also make the response in irw repeat 2 or 3 times.
Is there any way to stop the multiple key press? Modifying the entries from
repeat=0 to repeat=3 (or 4) in lircrc didn't help either.