[mythtv-users] Monitor adustment with SMPTE bars/ was: color adjustment

Bob mythtv at cox.net
Thu Jan 28 03:06:37 UTC 2010

Brian Wood wrote:
> On Tuesday 26 January 2010 08:51:08 pm Bob wrote:
>
> First question: what kind of bars so you have available?
I found a nice set of patterns that include the PLUGE and SMPTE bars
from this thread:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=948496

When I put the color bars on the screen (DLP TV) and use the blue
filter, I can see the colors are off a "bit".  I would be satisfied
fixing this, no need for an ISF calibration.

I have an Nvidia card and was trying to use the nvidia-settings
program.  After spending 30 minutes I confirmed that I don't know what I
am doing and hence my message.

When I connect my mythtv system to my DLP TV I can only adjust
"brightness" and "contrast" on the TV.  Any other correction will have
to come from the video card.

Can this be done using nvidia-settings and is it the right approach?