[mythtv-users] Damn idiots...

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Jan 28 02:23:54 UTC 2010

On Wednesday 27 January 2010 07:14:18 pm Nick Rout wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 3:03 PM, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:
> > On Wednesday 27 January 2010 06:56:05 pm Brent Bolin wrote:

> >> Correct, you don't see it until you post.
> >>
> >> I have also sent an email to the admin.  I think it would be of
> >> benefit to this list if MANY email to him.
> >
> > I don't see it as a major problem, certainly not enough of one to bother
> > Isaac about. At the worst it's an extra mouse click each time you post,
> > and it can be automated away with almost every MUA in the world.
> >
> > We don't want the admin to see the list as a source of problems that take
> > up his time.
> >
> > I'd forget it, and try some other methods of contacting the "problem"
> > list member. I think I saw that mail pass through AOL, perhaps try
> > looking him up there?
> >
> > It's just not a big deal IMHO, I'm actually surprised it doesn't happen
> > more often.
>
> So I ask rhetorically: whats the point of a mailing list owner if they
> don't do anything when users request something?

I was stating my personal opinion that this is not enough of a problem to
bother him about, I'd guess he will discover it sooner or later, and fix it
when convenient for him (the admin I mean). The "abuser", if you can call him
that, will hopefully fix it as well, but even if it went on forever it's not a
threat to the list.

I think one or two mails to the admin are in order, which has already
happened. Flooding his inbox is not likely to help, I'd pursue it further only
if some major functionality of the list was threatened.

Just my opinion, others may disagree, as usual :-)

It's already taken up too much bandwidth.