[mythtv-users] annoying erratic key presses with remote on HD-PVR

Kaushik Mallick kmallick2000 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 27 23:21:23 UTC 2010

>> Did you use irrecord to create your conf file or was this remote already listed in lirc/remotes ?

This remote already existed in lirc remote configuration in Mythbuntu.
The radio shack RS 15-2116 remote has a good track record.
Jarod Wilson had some nice writeups on this remote that many (including me) have used in the past.
The lircd and lircrc files are well tested. I have used this same remote successfully with Hauppauge
PVR250 card in the past.

BTW, my HD-PVR is sitting next to a CRT monitor where I am doing the trial set up.
Is it possible for the IR receiver to get stray signals from the CRT monitor?