[mythtv-users] How to record a radio show manually ? Possible?

William william_munson at comcast.net
Wed Jan 27 11:33:43 UTC 2010

mythtv at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca wrote:
> Ya, recording local CBC radio via an SA4250 into an HD-PVR and myth is
> kind of odd. ;-) But I never got my analog tuner tv/FM card to work on
> FM. And myth's time stretch works so well, I can listen through the
> (mostly talk) radio show in now time :-)
>
> Except... how?
>
> I tried to set up a manual recording for the radio station (available
> as an encrypted QAM channel) but myth would not record it because
> there are no programs associated with it.
>
> Well, that's correct. Isn't that one reason I would use an all-manual
> record (channel, start time and duration) ?
>
> Is what I'm trying to do possible, and if so, any hints to what I am
> doing wrong welcomed.

Perhaps it would be easiest to do the capture outside of mythtv and
import the files as videos. A cron job that captures from the line in of
your sound card and places the file somewhere discoverable would do the
job. Then the only issue is making sure that myth is not using the same
source for something else.