[mythtv-users] Question about XMLTV (specifically icetv)

MythTV mythtv at ncc1701.serveftp.net
Wed Jan 27 06:26:37 UTC 2010

Hello to all Myth Gurus

How do I search for or otherwise use program categories other than the
first category defined in an XMLTV entry?

I am using the Ice TV Guide, downloading an XMLTV each day via
'tv_grab_ice', in turn via 'mythfilldatabase -update'.

Now, every screening of a movie is marked as a movie in two ways

1)      The name is augmented with the prefix 'MOVIE: ' or 'Movie: '.

2)      The category 'movie' is added (as a second category).

For example:

        <programme start="20100127131500 +0000" stop="20100127150000
+0000" channel="2405">

                <title lang="en">MOVIE: Vigil In The Night</title>

                <desc lang="en">A ...  epidemic.</desc>

                <credits>

                        <director>George Stevens</director>

                        <actor>Carole Lombard</actor>

                        <actor>Brian Aherne</actor>

                        <actor>Anne Shirley</actor>

                        <actor>Julien Mitchell</actor>

                        <actor>Robert Coote</actor>

                </credits>

                <date>1940</date>

                <category lang="en">Drama</category>

                <category lang="en">Movie</category>

                <category lang="en">Romance</category>

                <episode-num system="icetv">19926-0</episode-num>

                <video>

                        <colour>no</colour>

                        <aspect>16:9</aspect>

                </video>

                <previously-shown start="20090407"/>

                <rating system="">

                        <value>PG</value>

                </rating>

        </programme>

MythTV seems to do unexpected things with the information in XMLTV..

My current concern is only the first category is kept.  I cannot see
this movie by searching for category Movie or Romance

I would like the strip the 'Movie: ' prefix from all movie titles to
assist in sorting (especially in the 'Watch Recordings'

group list), however then I cannot uniquely identify movie screenings
via an advanced search or manual recording schedule.

How do I search for or otherwise use program categories other than the
first?

Once I've sorted that, I'm keen for all 'Movies' to drop into a single
program group of 'Movies' to significantly

reduce the time taken to scroll through the program group list.

Thanks

Dave