[mythtv-users] MythVideo 'playcommand' to turn subtitles on?

Scott Colbeck scolbeck at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 01:54:08 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 4:14 PM, Nicholas Fasano <nfasano at mac.com> wrote:

> Actually, I've just done some further testing and it seems that when I play any mkv file in MythVideo, keyboard input is suppressed for some reason.  Even all the other keys besides "T" fail to function.  "M" doesn't bring up the menu and even "Esc" doesn't exit out of the movie.  This leads me to believe that this is a bug with keyboard input when playing matroska's in MythVideo.  The strange thing is that the remote buttons DO still work, but I just haven't bound a remote button to the "T" key yet (since the key itself doesn't seem to work).  If I'm correct, if I bind a remote button to "T" in MythVideo, it should overcome this strange bug and work properly.  I'll post my findings later this evening.
>
> Thanks,
> Nick

On two different frontends, I have also seen this problem when viewing
MKV files.  The keyboard suddenly stops working but the remote
responds fine.  The problem is sporadic and a restart of the frontend
resolves the problem.  I am using 0.22-fixes with the default internal
player.  When it has happened, there was nothing in the logs to show
there was a problem.