[mythtv-users] Mythtv Backend Windows 7 Media Center upnp client

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 21:38:19 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 10:17 AM, Calvin Harrigan
<charriglists at bellsouth.net> wrote:

> I have since noticed the double entries and also hate the way all videos are
> lumped together, I don't know if this is a media player or myth issue,
> though I have a recordings folder it's empty, or at least never gets
> populated, the little circle thingy just keeps going a like a bunny rabbit.
>  I finally did get the pictures to work though. I got maybe one video to
> play, seems like it doesn't have the right codecs or something, but seeing
> since my recordings are mpeg2 and mpeg2-TS it's hard to imagine that windows
> didn't ship with said codecs.

Silly though it sounds, that was historically the position with
windows, at least up to XP.

Granted I haven't used vista much or 7 at all, and one would expect
the correct codecs to be in Media Centre. However crazier things have
happened, this is windows remember!