[mythtv-users] Firewire troubles after upgrade. Is test-mepg2 mightier than MythTV?

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Tue Jan 26 21:24:46 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 2:56 PM, Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 9:51 PM, Jå§òÑ M@¢þhè®$Øñ
> <jason.macpherson at gmail.com> wrote:
>> root at myth ~]# lspci  | grep 1394
>> 01:07.0 FireWire (IEEE 1394): Texas Instruments TSB43AB22/A IEEE-1394a-2000
>> Controller (PHY/Link)
>
> I had a complete failure at getting the new Firewire stack (juju) to
> work with the firewire controller on my motherboard.  I had a very
> similar chip (Texas Instruments TSB43AB23 in my case).  No matter what
> I did, I couldn't get mythTV to work with this controller using the
> new firewire drivers.
>
> I installed an old PCI firewire controller (VIA Technologies, Inc.
> VT6306 Fire II) and everything just worked.

Is that Via chip reporting as OHCI 1.0 or 1.1? Trying to prove out my
theory that OHCI 1.1's dual-buffer isochronous receive is generally
boned...

Also, while similar, the TSB43AB23 and TSB43AB22/A are unique, and one
or the other has some nasty errata bug I can't recall the details of
offhand.

In 2.6.33, dual-buffer iso receive is going to be universally disabled
by default even on 1.1 controllers, and everyone will just do
packet-per-buffer.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com