[mythtv-users] Anysee E30C Plus use with mythtv

Gert van der Knokke gertk at xs4all.nl
Tue Jan 26 17:55:41 UTC 2010

Nick Rout schreef:
> On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 9:54 AM, Gert <gertk at xs4all.nl> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Having bought this nice small box I feel a bit 'scammed' that it is
>> advertised as a Ziggo (a major cable operator in the Netherlands) capable
>> DVB-C *decoder* when in fact it seems to be nothing more than a USB DVB-C
>> tuner and a USB smartcard reader. All decoding must be done by the host
>> computer?
>>

> when you say 'decoding' do you mean 'decrypting' or 'taking a digital
> compressed signal and sending it to the display'?
>
> The former MAY be off rules for this list.

I know that decrypting using softcam is off limits, but since this boxed
is advertised as a 'legal' decoder (aka decrypter) for the Ziggo network
(It needs a smartcard and subscription which I have) I had good hope
that it would be the way to get Ziggo digital connected to mythtv.
It is even advertised on the containing box with Ziggo logo et al.

Regards,
Gert