[mythtv-users] Acer Aspire Revo R3610 as a backend

Ian Oliver lists at foxhill.co.uk
Tue Jan 26 07:37:21 UTC 2010

In article
<c0e9781f1001251109k40465145r2caf1bf5ffaf5c6b at mail.gmail.com>, Greg
Cope wrote:
> You could always ebay it if not happy!  I'd probably buy it!

I'll eventually need four front ends, so experimenting with the R3610
as a backend means I shouldn't see any wastage.

What is wastage is the 160GB disks in the frontends. These may come out
and hit ebay as I intend to pxe boot everything off the backend. Sadly,
it's quite a dissection exercise to get to the disk.

I'm currently not sure what the limitations of Live TV are. Will in
find a tuner on the right mux and grab a virtual tuner? Would I be
better with tuners on each fe?

Ian