[mythtv-users] *finally* able to export HD-PVR records... somewhat...

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Tue Jan 26 03:07:11 UTC 2010

On Monday 25 January 2010 07:48:53 pm Ian Forde wrote:
> (It's been one of those things that has plagued me for about a year
> now.)
>
> Anyhow, down to it.
> 1. Create a Transcoding profile called "Autodetect for 1080i" as an
> earlier thread a few days ago instructed.
> 2. REMOVE THE CUTLIST from the recording COMPLETELY. [1]
> 3. Transcode the recording using myth's built-in transcoder. [2]
> 4. Create the cutlist by editing the recording.
> 5. Run mythnuv2mkv as a user job.
> 6. Enjoy your high-def, 2-channel audio, 1080i recording.
>
> Note that it's 2-channel audio.  I haven't tried anything that would
> keep AC3... yet...
>
> 	-I
>
> [1] - If you have a cutlist, mythtranscode will bail due to... well... I
> don't know - something to do with keyframes, as I recall.  In fact, in
> my case, mythtranscode segfaulted.  As in: BOOM.
> [2] - Basically, you're processing the whole file into something that
> mythnuv2mkv can handle with a cutlist.  No more
> keyframe/iframe/mainframe/iwasframed issues... ;)

Step 4 seems very tedious, at least for many recordings.

I never edit with Myth, but professional editors (I'm not saying I expect Myth
to be such) allow the import and export of EDLs (Edit Decision Lists). (Not
just cutlists, because an EDL defines the type of transition, the duration of
same, multiple sources and a lot more). Since all Myth is doing is making
cuts, I guess it's a "cutlist".

Seems like it would be a handy feature, if the data is in the database it
should be possible.