[mythtv-users] PCI-E Analog Card

Jonathan Larson jtlarson at u.washington.edu
Mon Jan 25 21:42:57 UTC 2010

Subject: [mythtv-users] PCI-E Analog Card

My school is talking about building backend that could handle recording
around 10 analog cable channels at a time.  When we started talking
about it, the PVR500s seemed like our best bet, but our new Dell server
only has PCI-E slots.

We started looking at different cards, but a lot of them don't seem to
be supported in Linux or maybe only the digital side is.  What we would
really like is a dual tuner analog card, but those have started to get
scarce so we could work with any card that took analog as long as it
works in Linux and MythTV.

Does anyone have any good information on which cards would be the best
to look at?

Thanks
Brent

I do something very similar where I work--except we record the lectures. We run myth on 3 Dell precision 390 boxes--they just fit in a rack shelf on their sides. Each one has 3 pci slots into which I put 3 PVR-150s. I tried PVR-500s, but the cards had tuner issues--1 card would be fine, while the other tuner had static/ghosting, etc.

Jon