[mythtv-users] "Suggested next mythfilldatabase" date in the past

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Jan 25 19:07:29 UTC 2010

On 01/25/2010 08:34 AM, ryan patterson wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 9:44 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>
>> It would be easier to tell with a full backtrace (as at
>> http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-22.html#ss22.2 ), but it looks
>> like it may be due to the socket issues that seem to be plaguing some
>> (mainly *buntu?) users.
>>
> I had this issue on my (ubuntu) backend once a few months ago.  It
> said mythfilldatabase was scheduled for a data in the past.  It sat
> there for four days and never updated.  I think I ran mythfilldatabase
> once manually and it started working again.
>
> Sorry, wish I could be more helpful.

Yeah, I think that one is different from the one for which Rich Wilson
posted the backtrace.  Rich's looked like an issue with sockets.

I think the issue you and Chris C are suffering from is
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/7541, which might be related to
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/7315 and potentially.  And, yes, I
realize that #7541 is closed (and it should remain that way until we
have useful information :).  I won't forget it.

I still have to make some time to look over the information Chris has
provided, but I'm unlikely to be able to do it until I get back home
later this week.

Thanks,
Mike