[mythtv-users] Planning a new MythTV setup, one boring question, one really off the wall question

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 17:53:25 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 11:47 AM, Travis Tabbal <travis at tabbal.net> wrote:
> The $200 Acer Revos seem to work well as frontends for many on the list. I'm
> planning to buy one for the bedroom. Small, quiet, low power, can play HD
> content. The decoder cards for the AppleTV aren't supported in Myth yet,
> though they probably will be in the future.

If you are planning to get a revo, my 2 do work good, but the US
version (while not voiding the warranty to open) do not include
internal antennas for the mini pci-e slot.  If you are getting
wireless to put in them, be sure and buy some antennas with them.
Also, you must invest in at least 512 more ram, so the price goes up a
bit.  They do work rather well though.

-Greg