[mythtv-users] How to let mythtv re-capture audio device?

William william_munson at comcast.net
Mon Jan 25 11:38:50 UTC 2010

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 01/24/2010 08:14 AM, William wrote:
>
>> I have run into an interesting situation that I could use a suggestion
>> or two. I have the last.fm client programmed into the myth menus and
>> it shells to the client fine. The issue is that on return I lose my
>> audio out of spdif until i restart the frontend. Is there a way that I
>> can force mythfrontend to recapture the audio device on the return
>> from shell
>>

> Just a guess, but I'd say you probably have last.fm set up to use
> PulseAudio, it then re-enables the Pulse server (that Myth suspended),
> and then you lose all audio in Myth.  Make last.fm work without Pulse
> and all will be well.
>
> Mike

Thanks Mike,

I will look into that. I did not install pulseaudio when I built the
system but its possible that got installed as a byproduct.

It just occured to me that the client may not actually exit when the
window is closed and may still be trying to run in the background. I
will change my script around to use a killall after I close the window
and see if that fixes the issue.