[mythtv-users] VDPAU Error: DISPLAY PRE-EMPTED. Aborting playback.

Tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Mon Jan 25 10:03:53 UTC 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Enigma" <enigma at thedonnerparty.com>
To: "mythtv-users" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Sent: Monday, January 25, 2010 6:50 PM
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] VDPAU Error: DISPLAY PRE-EMPTED. Aborting playback.

On Sun, Jan 24, tortise at paradise wrote:

> Enigma, what's your CPU / Motherboard / Chipset?

>I have tried the card with the following motherboards:

>MSI Kt3 Ultra 2 (I think this one is KT333) [Athon XP processor]
PC Chips 848A (SiS chipset)  [Athon XP processor]
MSI Hetis 915 (Intel 915? chipset) [Celeron @3.2 GHz]
Asus Pundit PH1 (Nvidia Nforce chipset) [Athlon 64 X2]

Interesting list thanks.

I guess you have compared it with the list I appended in a post earlier today?  Seems some are not on the list but some maybe also.
I would have thought that if you can confirm one of those is on the supported list, then it may be adequate justification to seek a
replacement card on the grounds there is likely a fault in the card, even though it also seems you are another unfortunate KT333
owner quite reasonably hoping for VDPAU on it.  Depending where you are there may be consumer laws about this card not doing all it
should and possibly just getting your money back.  (Did they say it was compatible with only some PCI mother boards?)  Still they do
work well with compatible systems.  Do let us know how you resolve this.