[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend idle cpu consumption help

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sun Jan 24 16:20:53 UTC 2010

* On Sun Jan 24, 2010 at 06:40:07AM -0800, Jim Stichnoth wrote:
> My patch in ticket #7953 reduces my ION system's CPU usage to under 1%
> on the Main Menu screen and under 2% on the Watch Recordings screen
> (as long as there are no animations going on).

What theme are you using this with?  How long have you been running with
it?

Daniel mentioned in IRC that you probably need to use
Qt::BlockingQueuedConnection in the connect() so that animate() runs in
the UI thread.  Have you had any segfaults since since you started running
with this patch?

On themes that use pulsing, like Graphite's menus and MythVideo screens
specifically, does the pulsing still look smooth with this patch, and
what is your CPU utilization sitting at on these screens with the
patch?  Do you know how much is it without the patch?

--
Chris