[mythtv-users] "Suggested next mythfilldatabase" date in the past

Christopher X. Candreva chris at westnet.com
Sun Jan 24 06:30:13 UTC 2010

On Sat, 23 Jan 2010, Jim Beckett wrote:

> *** glibc detected *** mythfilldatabase: malloc(): memory corruption: 0x085c3b01 ***

> I don't really know anything about the issue, but, have you tried running memtest on
> your system from a livecd?

I haven't, but I believe others were seeing this error. Plus I'm not seeing
any memory errors in messages or the kernel log, and searching on that error
indicates it's caussed by pointer bugs, not a hardware problem.

http://bytes.com/topic/c/answers/223310-glibc-detected-malloc-memory-corruption-fast-0x0804c008