[mythtv-users] "Suggested next mythfilldatabase" date in the past

emarkert at aim.com emarkert at aim.com
Sat Jan 23 21:17:26 UTC 2010

-----Original Message-----
I think I missed the obvious. There IS still a mythfilldatabase process

hainging around, from Jan 21 at midnight.

Let's kill it and see what happens.

Ah, and now mythfilldatabase runs, with no errors, and finishes.

However, I rebooted the server after running the first checks Mike asked
for, so it hasn't been hanging around this whole time.

The next scheduled run is tonight at 11:15 EST, so we'll see what happens
then.

Chris,

I checked my log files for the malloc error and noticed that up until a couple of days ago I was getting the same error as you are.
I just didn't notice because I wasn't grep'ing for malloc errors.  I, too, had several occurrences of the mythfilldatabase process hanging in
the background while a new process was trying to run.

I'm still getting the error:  "mythfilldatabase ran, but did not insert any new data into the Guide
for 1 of 1 sources. This can indicate a potential grabber failure."

Even though mythfilldatabase seems to be finishing properly.  At one point I thought this error message wasn't being properly deleted so I
had removed it from the settings table, but the error was regenerated.

I do not notice any errors in my schedule data and my scheduled recordings are all being properly recorded.  I rebooted my system yesterday
for a different reason, so, like you, I'll have to see what happens.