[mythtv-users] Cannot receive 2 muxes (UK)

Stephen Kitchener stephen at g6dzj.demon.co.uk
Sat Jan 23 20:41:43 UTC 2010

Hi,

	I have a problem - or rather my mythtv set-up has a problem, it cannot
receive 2 of the 6 mux's in the UK.

	I and running Mythtv 0.22 and the video cards are KWORLD /VStream XPert DVB-T
cards (Zarlink MT352)

	So here's the information, I have two machines that have the same model of
DVB-T cards in them, one machine has Mythtv installed the other has not (as
its new hardware waiting for mythtv installation). On the mythtv installed
machine, it cannot receive BBC4 on it via mythtv, it gives LMs - Partial lock
when trying to tune to that station.

	On the new machine I decided to check to see if the problem was the same on
that, but this time via vlc, to my surprise I could get BBC4, so back to the
original Mythtv machine and I installed vlc there also, and now I could get
BBC 4 correctly, but I still could not get BBC4 via mythtv. Each of vlc and
mythtv are tuned to the same mux frequency, so my question is, is Mythtv more
picky in what it will display, or is vlc more lackadaisical in its criteria
for display.

And more importantly what can I do about it ??

	I did read somewhere that on some digital cards there is a option for
switching on an on-board pre-amp for the signal, but I have no information
about this for this card.

Has anyone else seen this ??

	Other "real" DVB-T receivers also have no problem in receiving BBC4, and all
TV signals originate from the same source.

--
Regards

Stephen Kitchener

www.imagebysteve.co.uk

Do not meddle with the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy and good with
mustard

The Difference Between Genius And Stupidity Is That Genius Has It's Limits ~
Albert Einstein