[mythtv-users] How to skip commercials in Myth 0.22

Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Sat Jan 23 04:10:07 UTC 2010

This will be short. iPhones aren't made for long posts. Apologies for
top-posting.
Iirc a couple of pages into TV Settings are the 'skip' settings. Shows
play games with onscreen stuff and fool the flagger. Thus the choices:
it's a pulldown style menu. If you set to Notify the OSD pops up and
tells you it thinks there is an ad. You set the warning period. I use
2 seconds pre and post. The post time is how much it skips back from
where it thinks the ad ends. If you don't see a second of the end of
an ad then the flagger was wrong.
Z is the forward skip, Q back. Also bound to Left and Right. Look at
the Setup -Edit Keys - TV Playback group and read keys.txt ( /usr/
(local)/share/mythtv )
Geoff
Sent from my iPhone