[mythtv-users] firewire issues

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Fri Jan 22 23:15:35 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 6:12 PM, Gabe Rubin <gaberubin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 3:08 PM, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 6:03 PM, Gabe Rubin <gaberubin at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I am having issues with reliability from firewire captures these days
>>> running fedora 12.
>>>
>>> I looked in dmesg and have the following line spammed for a bunch of it:
>>>
>>> "firewire_core: Unsolicited response (source ffc0, tlabel 3c)"  The
>>> portion after tlabel varies.
>>
>> I believe that means the cable box is still sending data after the
>> host has said 'please stop'.
>>
>>> Any idea what could be going on here?
>>
>> Maybe. Is that a DCT-6200 cable box? The upstream firewire maintainer
>> mentioned a DCT-6200-specific quirk to me on irc today, which needed a
>> work-around in the driver added...
>>

> It is a DCT-6200 (or some close variant to that).

Aha!

> I have not had
> these type of reliability issues in quite some time (only the
> occasional missed recording), so unsure why it is all of a sudden
> popping up.

Could be that the problem wasn't triggered until a recent change in
the firewire driver, as its still evolving (though quite stable and
feature-complete now).

I'll follow up with Stefan Richter about this one, haven't actually
looked at the fix yet... (actually not even sure if its been written
yet).

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com