[mythtv-users] No sound on recorded programs playback (sigh)

George Rom georgedrom at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 20:29:14 UTC 2010

Had a similar situation - on board graphics/audio, stereo out, F12. I
manually (i.e. type it in - it was not a selection in the drop down) changed
the front end setup general to "ALSA:front" (no quotes) and it worked. I was
fooling around with alsa mixer before this to try to make it show in the
drop down but I don't think I ended up changing anything in the mixer (at
least I didn't write it in my notes).