[mythtv-users] Kill frontend when TV is turned off.

Craig Van Tassle craig at codestorm.org
Fri Jan 22 04:22:02 UTC 2010

On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 20:39:26 -0500
Ronald Frazier <ron at ronfrazier.net> wrote:

> > My Samsung has a serial "service" port, but I can't find any
> > information about it in the manual or online.  Where did you get
> > your details from - or was it documented in the manual already?
>
> Yes, the complete protocol was documented in the owners manual. Port
> config (baud rate, data/parity/stop bits), carriage return hex code,
> command codes, expected responses...everything. I was incredibly
> shocked. The only thing I had to figure out was how to setup the
> software.

I'm working on writing a program to control my LG TV. I'm doing a
client/server network model. Trying to do it with a local FIFO was
driving me nuts. Yes I know that is way over kill, but I figure why not
right. If it's worth doing it's worth the over kill. I'm also working
on building it to control the switching inputs, volume (including mute).
The client side will be a pretty simple.
Too bad my time is very limited right now and I'm working on this. I
hope to have something done by Mid Feb.
I will let you all know when it's done.