[mythtv-users] Kill frontend when TV is turned off.

Ben Eisemann ben at locojeeper.com
Thu Jan 21 12:33:54 UTC 2010

Jan,

Here is my plan (yet implemented) to achieve the same result.

I run a Mac Mini front end (somewhat irrelevant, just thought I'd mention
it) and setup an IR transceiver to receive ALL my remote control commands.
Then with a power-off... the front end would turn around send out an IR
signal turning off the TV and then shutting itself down.  Still would need
to come up with some sort of flag or indicator to make sure the states
(TV-OFF FE-OFF, TV-ON FE-ON) don't get switched around (TV-ON FE-OFF, TV-OFF
FE-ON).

Not a perfect solution but one I hope to implement.

God Bless,

Ben T. Eisemann
beisemann at gmail.com

Faith means trusting in advance what will only make sense in reverse. -
Philip Yancey