[mythtv-users] Kill frontend when TV is turned off.

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Thu Jan 21 11:46:18 UTC 2010

> Since I am away from home, I do not have ready access to my set-up to
> experiment with this idea.
> But, it occurred to me that it would be kind of neat to kill mythfrontend
> when the TV-gets turned off (Because then it would drop to mythwelcome, and
> eventually power down).
> Now, I suppose that I could let read-edid/parse-edid run every cpl of
> minutes and act when no information is available. But can someone think of
> any other ways to do this?

Your TV doesn't have a serial port, does it? My Sharp Aquos does, and
it's relatively simple to write a script to check it's power status.
Other than that, the only thing I can think of is to see if maybe
something gets written in the X log about it (it doesn't on my system,
but perhaps if logging level was higher or something).

--
Ron