[mythtv-users] PVR-250 not capturing

Mark fairlane at springcom.com
Thu Jan 21 03:37:13 UTC 2010

Frank Merrill wrote:
> The 'choices for audio' statement made this stand out for me.
> Are you sure you are selecting the correct capture card type in mythtv-setup?
> When you selected 'New capture card', did you set the card type
> correctly for the MPEG-2 (I think the deafult is V4L type cards).
> You would set the first one (if these are the only MPEG2 type cards)
> to video0, and the second one to video2.
> Myth should detect them just fine in the setup.
> Then you of course need to add a 'source' for the schedule info
> (unless you have one set already for these) and then connect the
> 'input's' correctly.
>
> Frank

ACK.   I'm stupid.  the damn V4L2 probe lets me pick Analog card AND
IVTV hardware card.  I picked the wrong one.
It's been a long time since I did this.  If it was me, I wouldn't
autoprobe the correct info and drop it into the Analog card slot,
but that's just me....  It's working now.

Thanks a bunch.
Mark